Coaching for Mind-Body Balance
A Message from Dr. Nancy Lonsdorf
Do you or someone you care about have an issue in your life that is causing you stress, anxiety, anger, sleep problems, fatigue or other physical symptoms? Are you seeking clarity, courage, self-confidence, passion, commitment, decisiveness, love or inspiration to achieve more of what you want in your life? Do you feel fine but wonder why you are not realizing your goals and desires for your life? If the answer is ‘yes’ to any of the above, read on! Dr. Nancy Lonsdorf’s new Coaching for Mind-Body Balance service is bringing relief and results to many.
- The purpose of our coaching services
- What kind of issues does coaching for mind-body balance address?
- Is coaching for mind-body balance for you?
- What is coaching for mind-body balance?
- Our personal perspective
- Becoming aware, “waking up”
- Becoming who you really are
- How it works: the coaching process
- Common experiences and results we have seen from coaching
- What our clients say about coaching for mind-body balance
I am very excited to offer in-depth life and health coaching services in collaboration with Dr. Ziv Soferman, an highly insightful coach, teacher and scientist whom I’ve been working with for the past two years. Together, we’ve developed a highly successful, effective and remarkably fast approach to helping people resolve inner and outer issues and achieve more of what they want in life that I’d like to share with you!
For years, I have observed the paradox that even very successful, well-adjusted, and highly spiritually-developed individuals may suffer chronically from stress-related health symptoms or emotional upset about an issue in their lives. It is as if their usual clarity and intelligence is blocked from the area of concern, due to outdated, habitual patterns of thinking and feeling that no longer serve them.
I have witnessed that Coaching for Mind-Body Balance can dissolve these obstructing patterns resulting in increased energy, clarity of mind, emotional connectedness, greater ease in relationships and heighened integrity in work and other areas of responsibility. Results have included coachees (“the one being coached”) tackling long-procrastinated projects, applying themselves to their business with renewed energy, focus and creativity, overcoming lifelong self-confidence issues, communicating more freely and effectively in personal relationships and having the courage to make a difficult decision.
As a medical doctor trained in psychiatry, I’ve found that unresolved emotionally charged issues lie at the root of many of my patients’ chronic health problems, often without their awareness. Sometimes, they have tried to resolve them, often with many approaches, but without success. In other cases, they may not feel motivated to change them because they feel they have resolved them in the past, or they seem mild and “in the background,” or they feel they must just be part of their personality.
Unfortunately, by midlife and later, these persistent habits of distorted thinking and seemingly mild, background emotions can deeply disturb the chemistry, metabolism and hormonal balance of the body. The unfortunate result is chronic, often serious, health conditions, rapid aging and a shorter lifespan.
Such patterns may include being overly anxious, defensive, irrational, hypersensitive to criticism, fearing normal aspects of life, fearing being taken advantage of, easily getting angry, procrastinating, not keeping promises or chronically being late, to name just a few. These habitual responses tend to re-create stress over and over on an ongoing basis, even if the person takes counter measures, such as eats well, takes herbs, gets proper sleep, exercises and practices stress reducing techniques. The result can be excess fatigue, aging and chronic health symptoms as well as disturbed performance and relationships with family, friends and at work.
In order to help my clients break free of these unhealthy thought patterns, improve their health and achieve more of what they want in life, I’ve teamed up with a masterful personal coach, Dr. Ziv Soferman, PhD. With his sharp intellect, penetrating perception and compassionate, caring nature, Dr. Soferman is capable of leading people to a breakthrough in only 1 or 2 extended sessions of several hours each. Research we have done on Coaching for Mind-Body Balance over the past 2 years has shown very positive and lasting results with a wide variety of clients and life issues. The results have been very encouraging and even amazing, especially when achieved in such a short span of time, usually one day’s coaching. Top >>
What Kind of Issues Does Coaching for Mind-Body Balance Address?
Coaching for Mind-Body Balance focuses on a specific issue or issues chosen by the client, with a designated, very specific goal identified at the start. Rather than aiming for change in personality or psychological make-up as therapy generally does, Coaching for Mind-Body Balance strives to make a practical difference in how you approach and deal with a particular issue– internal or external–in your life.
For example, we’ve helped clients in situations of acute grief, a difficult divorce, getting over a painful relationship break-up, business betrayal, job loss, fear of health problems and medical procedures, mid-life crisis, habitual anger, overly anxious, unfulfilling relationship, family estrangement and lacking passion in life, among others, who report substantial to even full relief in one extended session.
Our experience shows that response to just about any life or emotional situation or issue can be transformed through Coaching for Mind-Body Balance. Please keep in mind that coaching is not a treatment for mental conditions, is intended for mentally healthy individuals, and does not take the place of standard medical and psychological treatment for mental health conditions. Top >>
Is Coaching For Mind-Body Balance for You?
Coaching for Mind-Body Balance is for you if you would like to:
- Enjoy better health by overcoming an emotional or physical symptom that has bothered you for a long time.
- Come to peace with a difficult life situation, such as a bitter divorce, loss of loved one, job loss, illness or other challenge. Let their influence on you fade away so you will feel as if it is just a part of your past. Historically, you know it happened, but you feel all the emotions about it have faded away, to the point you accept is as the past, feeling fine with it.
- Gain inner freedom from an underlying worry, such as anxiety about the future, about your health as you age, being alone, fear of pain, or the health of a loved one.
- Interact with your loved ones and others from a position of calm strength, kindness and love, rather than with reflex responses that disturb the relationship, such as controlling, defending, justifying or proving yourself right.
- Bring clarity to your relationships; get re-inspired or courageous within longterm relationships and connections.
- Actualize your talents and gifts by freeing yourself from fears, boundaries and internal conflict.
- Overcome inner resistances and begin to do new things, take risks, reach out to others, develop yourself personally or professionally, or realize your full potential in some new way.
- Move beyond a stifling, abusive or invalidating relationship. So you drop them in a natural way, without pain or sorrow, just simply and naturally.
- Discover or define your mission, and begin to actualize it.
- Stop needless worrying about money, the future, or whatever else may push your “worry buttons.” Be able to focus on changing the situation or drop the issue. Be doing rather than worrying. Top >>
What Is Coaching for Mind-Body Balance?
Coaching for Mind-Body Balance always starts from the position of a specific issue and a request for a specific result. It is very practically-oriented and its success is measured in relation to both new-found clarity and emotional relief, as well as real-life results in relationships, career, business and other areas of life.
The actual process of Coaching for Mind-Body Balance involves an interactive conversation that includes inquiry, attention and your own creative intention, paving the way for new, more productive and rewarding thought and action to emerge. It is based on the premise that our underlying assumptions and beliefs determine our feelings and behavior and therefore the outcomes we experience in our lives. Top >>
Our Personal Perspective
Most of us are not aware of the fact that we have a certain perspective on the world or on life, such as “I am a victim of life,” “life is a struggle,” ” I am alone,” “others cannot be trusted,” “it is only about power, only about money.” etc. We also have some viewpoint about how the “laws of nature” are in our personal world, and what works for us. The key point is that, usually, our viewpoint or “the way we see the world,” was established long ago based on early experiences when we were less developed, and they no longer serve our best interest. Rather, they have the unwanted effect of holding us back from actualizing our full potential in relationships, career, work, enjoyment and other aspects of our lives. Top >>
Becoming Aware, “Waking Up”
When we look into the nature of this perspective or “world” within us, and we realize it exists at all, and come to know what it is, and then finally “get” that it is a personal perspective, and ONLY a personal perspective, then we experience a big release on an emotional level.
We realize that what we think or thought about the world, our lives and the people and events in them, is not an absolute truth but rather something we created, an invention. When we begin to see the logical fallacies, or mistakes in our invention or viewpoint, it loses it’s power over us and our lives. We wake up from the “dream” that was creating unclarity and difficulty in some area of our lives. Top >>
Becoming Who You Really Are
This is the fundamental way that Coaching for Mind-Body Balance works. By becoming aware of and examining the underlying assumptions we are living by, and experiencing them as concepts of our own creation rather than absolute truth, we become relieved from the grip of the past, from old “ruts” of feeling and behavior, and gain freedom to create new outcomes in our lives.
Coaching for Mind-Body Balance facilitates moving beyond your mental “blind spots” and limiting beliefs and actualizing the ability you already have to deal effectively with the specific issue in your life. Top >>
How It Works: The Coaching Process
The process of transformation or “breakthrough” in Coaching for Mind-Body Balance is accomplished using any or all of the following three processes during the coaching:
- A process of guided self-inquiry that brings to light key underlying assumptions and helps you discover within yourself the root causes of your issues.
- A process of creating resolution by systematic and thorough examination and self-reflection on the issue, including your expectations, responses, feelings and your own role in it.
- A process of creative intention, according to your desire and vision, to stabilize the results and give a clear direction for results in the long run. Top >>
Common Experiences and Results We have Seen from Coaching
- An immediate experience of great relief and mental freshness when the root cause of the issue is identified.
- The emergence of clear and simple strategies for dealing with the issue once the root cause is identified.
- The ability to spontaneously make the right choices for dealing with the issue.
- Beginning to make decisions and act on issues that were pending or procrastinated for a long time.
- A clear recognition that the problem was based on a belief or impression that is now seen to be false or incomplete. With this experience comes freedom about the issue.
- Lasting results: growth, benefits and changes holding up under the tests of real day-to-day life. Top >>
What Our Clients Say about Coaching for Mind-Body Balance
“Nancy and Ziv have something very special. I have been carrying some very deep, rooted structural samskaras for a long time; real stubborn stains on the soul which have persisted for over 30 years of spiritual practice These have manifested as core issues involving family relationships, self-esteem and sexuality.
I have tried many approaches to work on these: psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, cranio-sacral, holographic re-patterning, energy work, chakra cleansing, psychic healers, men’s groups, self-development programs, and others, yet some dark core contraction always remained. A place that just would not or could not open up.
“Working with Ziv and Nancy I have felt this open and move and the joy and relief have been almost ecstatic. Like waking up from a bad dream. I’m experiencing tangible progress in the stuck areas. I repeat this ‘coaching’ is something very special.”
H.R.I., Software engineer, IA
“I believe the rage in me is gone, and in many ways I feel like a different person. The deep despair/depression seems to be gone. My fear of people has improved. The feeling of centeredness, and extremely present has remained. I have noticed that I seem to be attracting more kind people. Perhaps I’m unconsciously exhibiting less hostile/defensive emotions??
I am SO excited about doing more work with you I can barely wait. Again, I must say that I am so thankful for you two angels (and I DON’T say that to just anyone) who have come into my life. I am truly blessed to have been given this opportunity to heal – on so many different levels.”
U. K., Accountant, Virginia
“I have felt a major shift since our talk. I have been able to look back at my past relationships and take responsibility for the part I played in my unhappiness instead of feeling like such a victim. What’s amazing to me is how differently I now perceive my past relationships. I’m not feeling anger or resentment anymore, but instead – compassion and almost embarrassment that I couldn’t see what I was doing.
I could not have realized these things on my own and am eternally grateful to both of you for your caring and skillful ways of allowing me to be open to a more hopeful and positive view of life to come.”
M. P., teacher, Fairfield, IA
“After the session, I truly felt ‘enlightened.’ In the past, after I’ve had a counseling session or talked about an issue I felt completely drained and almost unable to function. This experience was the complete opposite. It was a joyful experience and a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders and my throat. Specifically regarding my throat, most of the tension is gone. Almost all of the tension in my tongue is gone as well- unbelievable.
My voice range has improved and I no longer sound like a dragon lady! I also feel as if some barriers or walls that I’ve built around myself are starting to break down. All of the anger that I was carrying is gone- unbelievable. I’ve been feeling emotions (good ones!) that I haven’t felt in a long time. I really love how you were able to make me laugh about my issues- healing through laughter. Humor is great medicine!”
K.H.C., Vocalist, Green Bay, WI Top >>
Note: Results vary in magnitude and speed of attainment. Coaching for Mind-Body Balance is not a substitute for medical, psychological or other professional evaluation and treatment for any health-related problem, and is itself not a medical treatment. Coaching for Mind-Body Balance is a non-medical service of Dr. Lonsdorf’s practice and is not an official Maharishi Ayurveda, Maharishi Foundation or MVED program.